Wednesday, December 16, 2009

WIP: 1/144 HG Virtue Gundam

Before the operation:
The Virtue was built nine months ago. The builder (moi) made a terrible noob mistake of using pylox paints. Since that day, this model started to chip and get ugly. Time for a new look.


This may or may not be close to what it'll look like by the time I'm done. I'm not really sure yet. I did all the GN condensers with a metallic neon green acrylic, otherwise known to my girlfriend as "apple green nail polish" (shown below). The condensers are the Exia parts that come with the 1/100 Astraea.

Here's the kit being taken apart. Already started scraping some paint off.

Milky. Acetone bath.

Me and Xy wnet out today and we did a little shopping for my Gunpla. A bottle of Tamiya cement, a tube of Tamiya putty basic type, a knife and some sandpaper. That knife's only 36 Pesos and it works like magic.

Pic of the first successful panel line scribed with the hobby knife. This is the first time I've done this and I'm really enjoying it.

I scraped off some plastic in some areas, widened and deepened panel lines, also scribed some horizontals. Pla plates? No. Lil's didn't have anything but 0.2 when I came earlier so no. Those plates are from the sprues! XD
The knife did its job again and I scraped off the Japanese writing on that XD

The left one only has drawn lines as guide. The right one's already modified by a little bit with the horizontals.

First attempt at making panel lines. Good thing I bought putty.

In gunmetal.

Clutter.

Sitting on Optimus.

What's awesome with gunmetal is black Gundam Markers work on it.

Fixed failure! XD

Suggestions are welcome XD

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...