Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SD Zapper Zaku Kai

Once again, another way-too late post. This was my entry for MechaPinoy's in house contest, SD Con 2010. The kit is from SD Gundam Force. The Zaku captain Zapper Zaku. This was one of my very first fully modified kits. And as you can see in the photos, I couldn't mod to save my life when I Built this. Holes drilled, some panel lines scribed, IC sockets inserted, putty shaping on the chest, some pla plating and the only mod that did work, proportion extensions to the torso, arms, ankles, thighs and neck. The only joint that wasn't extended was the shoulders. Finished, this kit is about 2cm taller than the original.

This kit was painted with Bosny Signal Red, Bosny Flat Black and Tamiya Gunmetal. I already had an airbrush when I did this, but have not yet properly learned to use it. So I stuck to spray cans. The rifles came from the non-grade 1/144 Strikes and the swing arm for the Gatling gun is from the Launcher striker pack.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...